Monday, January 17, 2011

monday gratitudes

Today I am grateful...
  • I forgot my mom didn't have school today so I showed up at my parent's at 6:30 am to spend the day with my dad. I got to spend some time with both of them!
  • For the walks I have taken with dad over the past few days. Each day he gets a little stronger. We'll find out this week what steps need to be taken next.
  • For my friends. New and old. I am grateful for my group of girlfriends from high school. It seems that our connections increase as we get older and the challenges get bigger.
  • I am also grateful for the friends I have made through this blog. I feel as though I have known these girls for so long and yet we have never met. I appreciate thier kind words and the creative inspirations they share on thier blogs.
  • That Trader Joes has such beautiful flowers at such a reasonable price.
  • I found Trader Joe's Salt & Pepper potato chips (thanks to my brother!)...mmmmm.....
  • I can be assertive.
  • For my warm apartment.
  • To hear old family stories about the personalities and relationships that have shaped who I am and where I came from.
Today I finished up part of my sister's birthday present (I gave a sneak preview here). I am blocking them and will share the finished product this week! I also finished up the Tuesday Night Cowl that I started a year ago. I have been trying to work through some old projects and use up what I have before I keep buying new yarn.

Though I kind of cheated when I bought the yarn for my sister's presents.

Anyhow. I will share photos in a day or two.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails