Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Good Morning


Good Morning: DSC-HX1 1/60 f4 25.4mm ISO400

Through Sarah C's blog I found out about:


forever never n always photography

This should be a perfect opportunity for me to practice with my new camera. My guy gave me a beautiful camera (Sony CyberShot DSC-HX1) for Christmas. I had my last camera for 10+ years and loved it. But it was a pretty basic digital. Over that time I have grown to love photography. This new camera isn't an SLR (too high of a learning curve for me right now and way to expensive) but it is an advanced point and shoot. So I have been playing around with the manual mode and aperature only mode. I love it! He knew I had been eyeing one for a long time so he did some research and had this one sent to me while he is at his military school.

So there is my photo for this week's challenge. I believe I just had the camera on auto mode for this picture. So I didn't do any of the settings myself.  I don't have photoshop so I'm not sure I will be able to do the "edit" portion of challenges right now. I have Picasa which can do some limited editing. So I'll do what I can with that for now. I am hoping to put aside a little money next month to get myself an inexpensive version of photoshop.
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

So glad you joined in! I like the subject you chose for your shot. :) Part of my reason for doing this challenge also is to better learn my new camera. If you're looking at Photoshop - check into Elements. You can download a free 30 day trial from Adobe to see if you like it.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you joined in too! You can edit for free in flickr (picnik)too and do many of the things taught there. I know many people who use that exclusively and to use it pro is only about $24 a year. Worth it for the cool things it does automatically for you too!

Great SOOC and thanks again for joining in!

Blessings,
Jill
http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Neat shot!

Unknown said...

Nice shot! :)

A great free editor is Photoscape. I recently purchased PSE9, and if you can find it somewhere cheap it's definitely worth it! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails