Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Good Morning


Good Morning: DSC-HX1 1/60 f4 25.4mm ISO400

Through Sarah C's blog I found out about:


forever never n always photography

This should be a perfect opportunity for me to practice with my new camera. My guy gave me a beautiful camera (Sony CyberShot DSC-HX1) for Christmas. I had my last camera for 10+ years and loved it. But it was a pretty basic digital. Over that time I have grown to love photography. This new camera isn't an SLR (too high of a learning curve for me right now and way to expensive) but it is an advanced point and shoot. So I have been playing around with the manual mode and aperature only mode. I love it! He knew I had been eyeing one for a long time so he did some research and had this one sent to me while he is at his military school.

So there is my photo for this week's challenge. I believe I just had the camera on auto mode for this picture. So I didn't do any of the settings myself.  I don't have photoshop so I'm not sure I will be able to do the "edit" portion of challenges right now. I have Picasa which can do some limited editing. So I'll do what I can with that for now. I am hoping to put aside a little money next month to get myself an inexpensive version of photoshop.
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Sarah C. said...

So glad you joined in! I like the subject you chose for your shot. :) Part of my reason for doing this challenge also is to better learn my new camera. If you're looking at Photoshop - check into Elements. You can download a free 30 day trial from Adobe to see if you like it.

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

I'm glad you joined in too! You can edit for free in flickr (picnik)too and do many of the things taught there. I know many people who use that exclusively and to use it pro is only about $24 a year. Worth it for the cool things it does automatically for you too!

Great SOOC and thanks again for joining in!

Blessings,
Jill
http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

LisaLu Photography said...

Neat shot!

Adeena said...

Nice shot! :)

A great free editor is Photoscape. I recently purchased PSE9, and if you can find it somewhere cheap it's definitely worth it! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails