pattern is cute...it can be worn two ways, as a beanie-like hat or a slouchy beret. I am not a hat person and I love it.
I also finished up my sister's Christmas present. Socks. These are the second basic pair I have knit using the magic loop method. The day after I cast off I started a new, slightly more complicated pattern...it is a little hard. But I am working on it.
My trip to visit Cary comes up next week (after the holiday) and I CAN NOT WAIT! I am planning which projects I will bring with me because it will be a long day of traveling. Also he will have to report for duty each morning and may have to work at least partial days so I need projects...I should be studying for my counselor's exam but...knitting is so much more fun!
Monday, December 13, 2010
|Christmas village houses I have been painting|
- The chance to host dinner for my parents and sister this weekend. I loved having them here.
- Teaching my last class of the semester today.
- Art and creativity.
- A real Christmas tree full of memories in the form of ornaments.
- cable tv
- A vacation in a few weeks.
- My computer.
- Having learned how to knit from my mom.
- Trader Joe's Chocolate Ganache Torte...it is heavenly!
- Coffee in my favorite aqua blue mug.
- candy canes.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
|my cousin's wedding reception|
The rest of my weekend was equally wonderful. Spent time having dinner with a friend's family and she taught me how to sew a bit. She even gave me her old sewing machine that she had gotten at a yard sale for $1....
...I feel a new crafting addiction coming on...