Sunday, November 14, 2010

my world today

Posts two days in a row...I'm on a roll! I'm feeling a lot better today and am planning on still laying low around the apartment so I don't backtrack. I have an incredibly busy work week next week. But I do want to catch up on cleaning and doing some fun projects. I decided to take a few photos around the apartment today. One of the goals I mentioned yesterday was to take more photos. I have gotten away from doing that. It is the little things I see in old photos that I love. Daily things that go forgotten years later. I also thought it would be fun to do a post about where I am at this moment in a few words. I got the idea from the blog "Dynamo" by Sandra C.

So here goes with a few words and photos of my world right now.

listening: "Top Chef - Just Desserts" on the tv in the background
eating: finishing up my sunday morning coffee. Having a cold for a few days I have been having tea instead. Oh how I missed my coffee!
drinking: see above!
wearing: pj's
feeling: tired but so much better
weather: warmer than usual for New England in November but overcast
wanting: more time to relax and recover from stress and illness
needing: creative time.
thinking: of all the things I want to accomplish today.
enjoying: a long sunday morning and the scent of my "Autumn Leaves" Yankee Candle.
wondering: if I can live by the quote, " “Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.”-unknown. I am having trouble with that.


Images of my world right now:


my oldest plant. i have kept it alive for 10 years.

kitchen table with one of my great-grandfather's paintings above. nate berkus would be appalled by my fake leaves!
this plate is a comfort. it was my grandmother's and reminds me of her and her house. simpler times. pumpkin was from Pier 1. It is full of hershey kisses!
what I have to do (study for LMHC exam) -vs- what I want to do (finish ATC's and other artsy stuff)
bedside table. i borrowed the latest "shopoholic" book from my mom. if you haven't read this series I HIGHLY suggest it! laugh out loud funny!

christmas card supplies purchased last week on my lss's bus trip to local shops.

my large framed drawing i did for my senior studio thesis in college and fall decorations in the hall.

clementines i bought yesterday. not sure they are completely ripe. i love these in season. above is another prized possession of my parent's. they recieved it from a family friend when i was little. a madonna and child triptych.

Well..I'm off to try and get some stuff done today!
Happy sunday!


4 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice post. I love to see how others spend a typical day. Thanks for sharing yours.
I am so impressed with your plant. I have a cutting that my SIL gave me 3 yrs ago. Its still in a cup with water. Humm I see a post coming on LOL.

Stephanie said...

Great pics!! I need to start taking more pics too. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Staci said...

Great photos! TFS. :-)

Pam said...

Love your pics! I am a plateaholic, so I especially love the plate and the fact that it was your grandmother's and you have fond memories to share. And your grandfather had such talent! Wow! Thanks for sharing these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails