Friday, January 1, 2010

bunch of layouts

Happy New Year everyone! We had a quite night at home, ate Chinese food and watched movies. Today I "killed Christmas" as we put it in my family...aka took down the tree and decorations. That tree was a fire waiting to happen it was so dry because this apartment is like a desert. Anyhow...here are some layouts I worked on at the crop this past Wednesday. I got so much done! I wish I could go every week but it's just too hard when I'm working. Some of these layouts aren't quite finished..some need journaling or a few touches. But for the most part they are complete. I also started one other layout I hope to finish today.
*****
2009 In Review: The first layout is a 2-pager 2009 In Review. It still needs a title and journaling. But I like how the pictures ended up arranged. I used a few different journaling tags and some fun alphas. It still needs a lot to be complete.



*****
Dress Up: This layout is from the October Girl's Night out. I used some paper from a few Cocoa Daisy kits. The journaling metal files I have had forever and didn't know how I wanted to use. There are 4 tabbed files inside the black/white metal "case." I haven't journaled on them yet but they seemed to fit the layout. In general this was a very simple layout. But fun with it's bright colors to go with the Halloween costume theme. I decided not to go with a traditional Halloween themed page.


*****
Skating: This layout was very fun for me. I used some patterned paper and matching tags I bought a year or so ago. I knew I wanted to use it for a winter page. I cut out one of the snowflakes on the paper for a jumbo embellishment. I liked that the colors were all cool but relatively non-traditional snow colors. The pictures are of a friend and her daughter learning to skate. The picture of the skates is me. I figure skated for 10+ years as a kid and so it has an important place in my heart. And I hadn't been in so long. The little girl's mom was a close friend of mine in high school who I recently reunited with...she was a hockey lover/player. Her daughter is a natural skater!


Skating closeup: This was the tag quote I based the layout around...and I used a skate embellishment that I have had forever and love the realistic details. It looks just like my Harlick's when they were new.


*****
Thanksgiving in a farmhouse: The pictures came out reddish and dark. But I tried to work with them. They kind of fit the feel of the house we stayed in. Big old farmhouse in Maine. Cary's sister's and brother-in-laws house. It was my first Thanksgiving away from my family and it was actually really nice. She has four large dogs, lots of antiques and loves to knit. So we had fun. I didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving dinner so I focused on the "weekend" instead. For example pizza making the day after Thanksgiving.



*****
2009 One Little Word: I decided to do a layout reviewing my focus on my '09 one little word "simplify" and transition the journaling into my '10 one little word "enjoy." This page was a nice way to focus on how I achieved the goals of that word and what I want for myself in the New Year.




Well I'm off to try and make a few birthday cards and a Thank You note. Anxious to use my new stamps!
Have a Happy New Year Day!

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

love your picks!!! so very fun. happy new year!

Blessed Ladybug said...

I love the layouts great work. thanks for sharing if you have a minute please stop by and check out my site.. Happy New years to you too... happy creating..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails