Friday, June 5, 2009

nesting and celebrating

June 1st on the Boulevard


Today's been busy with errands and sending Cary off for his last guard weekend before he goes down south for OCS next week. He'll be gone for 2 months and that is starting to hit me. I guess it is good practice for any future deployments we might face. Today I got a few treats/neccesseties for the apartment. Nothing really exciting...a shower curtain, some new throw pillows for the couch, some fun patriotic summer dishtowels. Stuff like that. I love nesting!

Last night he and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary of when we first met this week. Just a quiet dinner at the place we had our first date. Delicious baked local seafood and a quiet night at home.

As for other stuff...

I finished this layout on Monday (scraplifted the layout from one Wendy Smedley did in an old magazine)....hoping to do a few more layouts this weekend. Trying to get some girlfriends together at my place tomorrow to scrap. We haven't done that since this winter and it was so fun!

"First Moose Sighting"



Materials: Creative Cafe tags, really old patterned paper, Creative Images clear tag, Making Memories tiny alphas, brown pen, distressor, ink, American Crafts alphas.


Well I'm off to catch up on blogs and heat up some dinner. Hoping to do some reading tonight. I know...real exciting Friday night! My favorite kind! Started reading One for the Money - Janet Evanovich. Have heard this series is funny...so far so good. A light read.


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

toners said...

Have a super weekend, Emily! Enjoy that time together :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails