Sunday, May 17, 2009

1st layout in 5 months

Materials: Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, DCWV cardstock & patterned papers from thier stacks, Fancy Pants chipboard shapes, Creative Cafe journaling tag, Collage Press journal card (cut to fit the circle and bracket chipboard shapes), Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, Carolee's Creations dimensional "laugh" flower sticker, Colorbox Chalk in Dark Peony, Fuschia Sharpie, Black pen, Rhinestones, unknown source black rub-on letters.

Here it is! I don't love it, but I do love that I got to make it! I used a lot of my new goodies and some old favorites like rhinestones. Last night was actually another Girl's Night. We had our fundraiser. I forgot how fun glazing pottery can be! When I was in high school I took a clay class and my first job as an Art Therapist I worked in a studio that focused on clay. I love the sculpture aspect. But glazing a peice and working on a design is so fun. I have decided it. My dream business.

Handmade by You: it will be a place where people can come and glaze a peice of pottery and make a handmade card to go with it. Make your own gift if you will.

-or-

Creativity Studio: a place for all ages where they can come and create. Cards, collage, canvases, glazed pottery...keep it simple. Girl's Nights Out, Birthday Party. It could be a studio based art therapy program crossed with a Paint-Your-Own Pottery feel. Similar to my other idea - just expand on the materials while still keeping it simple. Maybe have little designated areas for 4-5 types of creations. Canvas, pottery glazing (Instead of the clay sculpture part I would just do the glazing aspect), cardmaking, and maybe a fourth...hmmm....

Well...back to my real world...

Today I am going to spend some time in the morning trying to get the 2nd sleeve started of the baby sweater. I now have a deadline. May 30th is the shower. Uh Oh! I still need to block it and piece it together and knit the edging and sew on buttons. All of which I have never done. And I am going to Maine with Cary next weekend to visit his friends/family and will probably have no time for knitting!

So tonight at my LYS's knitting circle I will be doing more knitting -less talking :)
Happy Sunday!


1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Great page! I love the cheery colors and circular journaling block. You have beautiful handwriting. :) tfs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails