Friday, April 10, 2009

simplicity


Got myself this necklace at a store near my work this week. A treat. "Simplify" was my "one little word" for 2009. Plus the idea of the dandelion fluff...making wishes...letting them go...important messages for me/us to hold on to.

Looking forward to some fun and relaxation today. This has been a very up-down, stressful work week. Fortunately I have today, "Good Friday" off. And we are celebrating Cary's birthday since he had to work on his real birthday and birthday weekend last week. Probably going to lunch and a movie.

Also hoping we can stop at Trader Joe's. I really want an Easter Lily and some tulips. Really want to brighten up the apartment. I am cautiously optimistic that we are nearing the end of our apartment nightmare. Still living with the bags but I will decorate around them!

I've also gotten a lot done on my first knitted sweater! It is going faster than I thought it would. Having such fun with it. Spent some time at my LYS Tuesday for a "free knit night" and actually got a lot done on it. I am loving going to those knit nights. Fun, laughing, learning from some talented knitters. It is an hour and a half of escape for me. I love it.

Well...later I'll try and post a picture of the gigantic Easter basket Cary put together for my family. So thoughtful! It was all his idea and he bought the stuff and put it together while I was at work yesterday. Loads of coffee, candy, teas, crackers, ...stuff for each person in my family. He was like a little kid all proud of his work!

Well...off to check out some of my favorite blogs.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Jen Mc said...

I love the necklace! Very "simplified"...
I hope you enjoyed your day off and relaxed.
Happy Easter!

toners said...

What a pretty necklace. I remember Trader Joe's; we lived near one when we lived in CA. I hope you had a super weekend and enjoyed your movie with Cary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails