Thursday, April 2, 2009

birthdays, crazyness and knitting

Cary with his wise-guy smile - August 08 - my family reunion

Today is my guy's birthday! It has been a rushed one. He opened his gift for me at 3am this morning when he got home from work...tonight we made a rushed dinner between 4:30 and 5:30 when he left for work again. Salmon and steak. Hmm...This weekend he's off to Maine for guard...he's preparing for OCS (Officer Candidate School) in Alabama this summer. So we will extend his birthday to next weekend :) Sometimes I think about how lucky I am to have found him and vice versa. We lived 400 miles apart and we really shouldn't have met. Fate is real. He makes me laugh and smile and look at the lighter things in life. I am lucky. Happy Birthday to him!


Today has been unbelievable crazy busy at work. Then tomorrow at my other job I have so many meetings and then the class I teach. Saturday will be another full work day. I am looking forward to Sunday! But I can't complain. Cary is working through his birthday and straight through to next weekend.


On to some fun news. My mom was able to get some tickets to the U2 concert in September. I tried this past monday but they were sold out so quickly. So they added a show and she got them! Cary won't join us for this one...he's not a big fan. But today I saw that Sara Evans is having a concert in August and we are going to try for tickets this Monday. He's never been to a concert and we rarely spend money of that sort of stuff. I'm excited. Except Cary keeps teasing....he has a little crush on Sara....and says I might want to reconsider bringing him to her concert!


I'm breathing a sigh of relief after using my assertiveness this past week regarding the apartment. Still ongoing but it feels good to stand up for ourselves.


Meanwhile...I cast on my first sweater last night! No pictures of it...it is from the Spring/Summer 09 Knit Simple...in a very soft pretty aqua (#18 below)...



I can't wait to get into this project! This yarn is so soft and nice to work with. And I treated myself to my first nice pair of needles. Hopefully I can take some pictures of my progress this weekend. I also finished a few more of my ATC's for Emily Falconbridge's 52Q ....


Well I'm off to have a peice of birthday cake and do some knitting!


Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Happy Birthday (belatedly) to Cary.

toners said...

Belated birthday wishes to Cary!!

Twisted Knitter said...

Happy belated birthday to Cary :-)

The Jeannee yarn was surprisingly nice to work with -- I enjoyed it and it's so easy to knit with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails