Friday, May 9, 2008

today



Ahh. Friday. The first friday I'm "off" from school. I feel as though I should be doing something. Cary and I are going to see Ironman later. He's seen it and liked it. I want to start the Art Journal I am planning on begining. I really want to just experiment in there and not worry about perfection or neatness. I took a few photos this a.m. before it starts raining. The ferns are in my parent's front yard. I love how the uncurl into giant fronds. I always loved picking some as a kid. They only last a day in a vase though. So I really should just appreciate them outside.


Tomorrow is the college graduation. It's supposed to rain and be cooler. Yuck. I am going to freeze in my dress. I don't wear dresses often. Figures. I feel like I'm graduating. This year has been a whirlwind of learning, mistakes, nerves, excitement. Hard to believe it's done!


Well...off to continue my day. Maybe get a quick walk in before the rain...



Two Peas Challenge~ If you could choose a different time period to live in, when would it be?
There are bits and pieces of different time periods I would like to have experienced. The beautiful dresses from Victorian Times, music of the 60's, the time frame my ancestors came to America from Ireland, the years my parent's grew up in to see what it was like for them...little pieces of each time. But truthfully I like the time I was able to grow up in. Playing outside, my mom being home, having many opportunities. I would skip right over middle school...but otherwise I think I've been lucky.

3 comments:

ivy said...

hi,
just passing by to make the day faster.

congrats, and something about victorian era reminds me alot about romanticism.

have a great weekend

toners said...

The ferns are beautiful! We used to see them a lot back in Scotland :)

Have fun at graduation!

Sharla said...

Love the fern picture...so green and beautiful... I don't get ferns here in the desert!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails