Wednesday, February 20, 2013

love of family

I finished this layout Monday night. I challenged myself to do a layout using a reaaallly old kit from CD. I'm talking like maybe from October 2010? I still love the papers in those old kits. Paper really has always been my biggest inspiration for scrapping and cards. I just love it. I look at it as a collection of sorts and it was how I got into scrapping orginally.

On the layout I used all elements from the kit with very few exceptions. I added in the 3-D buttons with the bird, "wonder," and "dream" that I got recently (K&Co.), the "Family" sticker I've had forever, The little letters for "of," the "Advice" tag and the tag with the baby image...and a little washi. All the papers, the "For the Record" stamp, alphas, and buttons were from the kit.

It was a fun challenge for myself. It simplifies my process. I really would like to reward myself when I get a job and subscribe to a kit club again. I used to love getting those boxes in the mail! And since I have been scrapping more I should be able to keep up with the product better than in the past.

Here's a closeup...

Writing the journaling was sentimental for me. As I mentioned in previous posts...all of the layouts have been since they were almost exactly 1 year ago. I love that little girl. It really is true that you cannot imagine loving something quite that much until you are a mom.

Her latest trick is giving baby kisses to her Little People princess dolls! I got my first baby kiss last night! I almost cried....so, so sweet.

Well I'm off for a day with my girl....

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

linda said...

oh my, sooooo cute! baby and layout :) I really need to get to using old materials... I tend to forget what I have and hoard things!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, the photos are adorable :)

LB whosthischick said...

Such sweet adorable photos, lovely layout.

Danielle said...

Adorable photos and cute layout!

Sue Althouse said...

Those photos are so sweet, what a lovely page! It is very fun to just have scrapbook supplies arrive at your front door, I know!

Michelle S said...

Gorgeous LO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails