Sunday, February 3, 2013

inside outside

 This is what it looks like outside our house today...

....and here's how it looks inside...

Didn't realize we were getting a bit of snow. I kind of wish we would get a little more this winter. It's been strange weather. Really warm, then really cold. Not much snow. That's New England. I love buying Trader Joe's tulips this time of year. They are one of my favorites. I also bought a few bunches of daffodils. Can't beat the price at $1.49/bunch.

This has continued to be a rough week. They say things come in threes. Let's hope it stops at two. I was informed I'm being laid off from one of my jobs. My art therapy job. I've been with that company for 9 years. They said they needed to eliminate one of the part time positions and I have one less year in the company than the other part-timer. Never mind I've been in that program longer. Also...they just hired a new full-timer a month ago when a part-timer left. Hmmm. My theory is they figure it costs less to have a new therapist at full time than a seasoned therapist at part-time. Makes me angry.

I'm trying to scramble and figure out what to do. I wish we could get by on just my other part time job but the reality is we can't right now. For the past 7 years or so I had been on the lookout for other jobs in my field for various reasons...I was offered a few but it came down to a financial decision each time. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Anyhow...my husband has been away for his National Guard drill this weekend and baby girl has been cutting molars so it's been off/on stressful. I haven't gotten any scrapping done. But I did go to the Container Store to start thinking about how I want to re-organize my little space (the corner of our bedroom!). I used to keep all my alphas and stickers in binders but they seemed to take up a lot of space and I thought I'd consolidate them each into one container. We'll see how I like it. I started doing a little list/sketch of my space and what I want to change in my Smash book last week...

Now to see what I can put into action. Speaking of the Smash book I thought it would be fun in my next post to show how I've been using mine. It's been a journal/inspiration book of sorts for me. I used to keep a small blank sketchbook for that purpose a few years ago but got away from it. This has sort of become my new version. I'll post that tomorrow.

Thanks for listening/reading..

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I hope that the perfect job comes along for you. Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails