Saturday, January 19, 2013

Past Year's Projects: Part 3

Knitting has been my friend for the past year...years I should say. The first time my mom taught me I didn't catch on and I put it aside for a year or two. But when I picked it back up I was hooked. I love it. The colors, the texture, the satisfaction of creating something usable and solid. Here are some of my past year's projects...

This sweater is one of my favorites. I started it before sweetpea was born and finished it soon after. She still can fit into it...the sizing is generous. The pattern: Placket Neck Sweater is here and the yarn is here. I loved the coloring of the yarn! So fun!

 Here's a picture of sweetpea in it...one of my favorites of her...

I recently made this hat and mitten set for her. It was a size 12 months and she was around 9 months. The hat was almost too small when I put it on her! Little big head:) This is a great simple hat pattern for babies: Knitting Pure and Simple #2910. I've used it several times and it is easy and a quick knit.

These were one of the first projects I made for myself in a long time. Correction. I should say the first project I have finished for myself in a long time! The yarn (Araucania Yarns Andalien) is yummy, soft, and sparkly. The pattern was created by the owner of my LYS. Immediate gratification.

I made these fingerless mitts for my sister-in-law for Christmas. Except I finished them on Christmas Eve and she lives 400 miles away! And here they sit on my husband's desk waiting to be mailed. It's only January right?!
I started and finished this after Ellie was born. It is so quick. A little shrug. She wore it for the first time last week. Fortunately it was the first day she was coming down with the stomach flu and it escaped the doom of the laundry that followed.
These are the finished projects! I'm not going to embarrass myself with the pile of unfinished, unused stash of projects and yarn I continue to build!

Thanks for looking and reading!

1 comment:

Jen Mc said...

These are wonderful! I love your lil punkin in her sweater.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails