Monday, March 7, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Spring (SOOC)


Sony DSC-HX1: 1/25 f4 ISO400 SOOC
 So for this weeks Point & Shoot challenge the focus was spring (I linked up my SOOC here.) Well...here in New England the only sign of spring is that it is raining instead of snowing. We have had a rough winter. So the only sign of Spring is in my apartment. Some Daffodils from Trader Joes! That and my Honeysuckle candle from Yankee Candle.

Another sign of spring in my world. My guy is starting the drive back home to me from his Army Officer school in 8 days. 8 days! He left in the middle of October! Yeah! Fortunately we were able to see each other twice during these months. That made it more bearable. And his having given in and buying a cell phone certainly helped too. But it has still been hard and neither of us can wait to return to a state of normalcy....whatever that is!

I have fallen out of the habit of doing my weekly Monday Gratitudes. So here they are....

Today I am grateful for:
  1. medication for my dad
  2. the Army
  3. my apartment
  4. Trader Joes
  5. a chance to host my girlfriends for Girl's Night next weekend
  6. my Irish heritage from my mom
  7. a day off
  8. Netflix on my Wii
  9. life events and milestones to look forward to
  10. income
  11. coffee on lazy morning
  12. clean laundry
  13. trip to Ikea with my sister
  14. joy in decorating our place
  15. knitting
  16. my friends
  17. sunday dinner with my family yesterday
Well I am off to be lazy on this day. I have Spring Break from the college this week so a few extra days off. I will be at my other job tomorrow and wednesday but have another long weekend coming up. Much needed relaxation and artwork I hope.

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Lovely shot of those little daffodils. So welcoming aren't they especially when the weather is bleak outside. I hope the next few days fly for you but relaxation and artwork sure sound good in the meantime.

Rosie
from leavesnbloom photography blog

Jen Mc said...

Beautiful photo! Enjoy your spring break - you deserve some 'lazy days'. :)
Wonderful gratitudes!

Unknown said...

very pretty shot!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful photo! Love your list of gratitudes. I know I've said this before, but reading them always makes me smile. :) Enjoy your day off!!

Kathleen said...

I am a new New Englander, so your photograph of blooms make me giddy with happiness! And, frankly, I'm just so very excited that last night's rain pretty much CLEARED our front lawn of snow!

So excited for you to have your man back soon!!

Ashley Sisk said...

Those flowers are so pretty!

Michelle R said...

oh, love the flowers -- spring is starting to show up everywhere, even if it's in pots!

hehe... I'd be thankful for clean laundry too... cause I'm usually not thankful when it's dirty... :)

Halie said...

Lovely flowers! And a great sign of spring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails