Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 5: experiences

I have often heard it said that if you spend money of expereinces -vs- objects it will last longer in your memory. That is true of today. I spent the day at the art museum with a good friend from high school and then tried sushi with her at a nice place in Boston. So good. So fun and inspiring today. My mind is full of memories and visuals from the day. It was hard to pick just one photo today. So I picked the one of the sushi. But here's a bunch of thoughts floating through my mind about the day:
  • Eyptian mummies, mysterious languages, ancient preparations for an afterlife.
  • Greek Gods and Goddesses are gorgeous.
  • Monet is still one of my favorite artists.
  • A tornado warning at home? Wierd. This is New England....not Kansas!
  • humid, rain, thunderstorms, sun, rainbows. Tropical weather.
  • My pretty new Monet umbrella came in handy during a sun shower.
  • I actually do like sushi. Though I went tame and got a cucumber roll. And I'm better at eating noodles with chopsticks than I thought I would be! A few firsts.
  • I'm tired and my feet are aching but I'm happy.
  • A great day started with a 5:30 am call from my guy before he headed out for his guard training just to let me know he was thinking of me. He hasn't done that in a while and I loved the wake up call.
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails