Sunday, December 27, 2009

vacation project and other stuff



Our tree. There is a story as to why we have a pumpkin under the tree. It is just the longest-lasting-Halloween-pumpkin-ever! We bought that in early October and it is still solid! So we feel badly throwing it away. I don't know how to make pumpkin pie that doesn't come out of a can...

This Christmas was another different one but so nice. Last year was the first year I wasn't living in my parent's garage apartment so I didn't get up at the crack of dawn and open gifts with everyone. Cary and I went over later in the morning. It was nice...but different. This year he had to leave for work at 6:30am unfortunately. So another different Christmas. He and I celebrated and opened gifts on Christmas Eve day. On Christmas morning I went over to my families house after he left for work. So it was almost like it was as a kid. It was nice to feel like Christmas stretched out over a few days instead.

I'm on vacation this week and loving it! 9 more days...
Yesterday I went to my LSS and picked up a few things for a project with some Christmas gift money...and received a $20 coupon in return! Good deal...I'll be back there this week :)

Anyhow I was eyeing this...


and saw a store sample where it was turned into a calendar. Perfect! I just took down the one I made at a class there last year. So I bought some basic neutral supplies....


And I plan on doing each months's square differently while all using the basic neutral base. Adding colorful, meaningful details. Probably using some of the papers and embellishments I have been getting in my Cocoa Daisy kits. I am looking forward to working on this during the week. And it is the sort of project that while it is hanging up in my kitchen I can add to it during the year if I find something that fits it.

Today I am looking forward to spending some much needed time with Cary. He has been working 12+ hour shifts for the past few days. We plan on going to the movies and maybe dinner. And the mall to pick out a new Wii game or two. Last night I met some old high school friends and a local bar and had so much fun chatting. Two of the girls live out-of-state and I hadn't seen them in years.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails