Saturday, March 7, 2009

a day for just me

Fisherman at the Wheel - Gloucester, MA
Before I share about my day I have to share something pretty cool. My hometown...or I should say a landmark in my hometown... will be featured on the Massachusetts version of the Quarter to be released later this year.

As for the rest of my day...

Today was for me. I took my time. Went where I wanted - when I wanted. Selfish I know. But so worth it.

I slept in. 9:00am. That's late for me! Took my tme getting ready and headed out. I frequent a coffee shop in my hometown and they have a "frequent shopper" card. After 10 coffees you get one free. Today was my free day. I splurged....with the beautiful 60' day I had my 1st official iced drink since last summer. A large Iced Mocha Latte...worth the 8000 calories that were probably in it.


Then I went to the mall...the "grown-up" mall... as my dad calls it. We have 2 malls in our area. One is the "kiddie mall" my dad says. That one has the cheaper stores, teens hanging out, not as nice all around. The "grown-up" mall on the other hand is luxury! I browsed around Sephora, H&M, Macy's, took in the wonderful scents coming out of Williams & Sonoma....

I enjoyed myself.

I used up a small giftcard my work gave me on some new, cute PJ's. I also got a basic white Spring jacket. I also got these spring-like tanks at the Gap to wear under some sweaters I have....



and these cute bracelets from Macy's. I loved the ribbon "packaging."




I browsed around C.O. Bigelow and ended up with Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint - Pink.

Lastly, I stopped at Michael's to use my 40% off coupon on some cake watercolors. I got a small Moleskin watercolor book yesterday and really want to use it for a journal. But I want some portable watercolors to bring with me to work and wherever. I have some watercolors in tubes packed up in my stuff but they are not accessible right now and in general aren't as portable. I love this little set...




After all this I went to my parent's for a visit. Had some pizza with them and a cake my mom baked. Mmmm. I love visiting them. Made plans for later this week with my sister and headed home. A nice day to escape from my mess of an apartment, get out in the beautiful weather and just relax.

Tomorrow I'll share my second pair of fingerless Fetching gloves. Messed up a little with my pattern but my changes make them still work. I have one glove done...one to go. When I finish this pair I'll make a second pair with this yarn that will actually be the length I had intended...I'll explain tomorrow ;)


Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! Don't feel selfish - we all need a bit of "me" time now and again to refresh. It the end it makes us better for ourselves and those we love. :) Glad you enjoyed your Saturday!!

toners said...

Ooooh, what a wonderful day! So glad you got out and about and had a day all about you :) You deserve it!

PancerBali said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali *xchcjf

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails