Thursday, September 11, 2008

thank you

Thank you for all the "Happy Birthdays!" I really enjoy reading everyone's messages and seeing what is happening in your lives through your blogs. I plan on catching up on some of them this weekend.

I had a very nice birthday/week. For any Gilmore Girls fans, you know that Loralie Gilmore believed in celebrating your birthday for a full week...my favorite show and character and an advocate for "milking" your birthday...I'm all for that! Today I came home from work and Cary made me wait outside in the hall. He was lighting the candles on the cake he baked me today. Sweet. It was the first chance he had to make me one. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Funny part was that he accidentally "aged" me by putting 39 candles on the cake instead of 31. He miscounted looking at the candle boxes! What a goof. But a sweet one! He plans on cooking his version of chicken parm tomorrow night. I can't wait...he's spoiling me and I will take it while it lasts!

Tonight I spent some time at my parents and took a very relaxing walk. Saw a little brown rabbit run right in front of me across the road. Breathed in the early fall smell in the air. Picked some "sea lavender" at the bridge. It is a wildflower that grows on the marsh by the creek/river and looks a little like dried lavender. I have always loved it. My grandmother always had some dried in her house. It hasn't been growing as much and this was the first time since I was a kid that I saw some where I could pick it. I will try and take a picture tomorrow. I love it!

Well, I'm off to eat a piece of cake and drag out this birthday as long as possible! Hope everyone has a happy Friday...

3 comments:

This is me: Sweet Pete said...

how sweet is he to make you a cake! you're spoiled! isn't it fun? =)
I think you should milk your birthday. I'd like to think that by being grateful for our birthdays is showing God/One's higher power that you really are happy to be alive! So you go on and rejoice your own exsistance (aka milking your birthday) =)

Jen Mc said...

Gasp! I missed it! Happy Belated B-day - hope it was great and you had a piece of cake for me. :)
Have a GREAT weekend!

toners said...

Awww! That is awesome that Cary made you a cake :) Enjoy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails