Thursday, June 19, 2008

thoughts and a thank you


A few random thoughts tonight...

I just got some photos in the mail I developed and I am SO excited to scrap them...the baseball game, my month in review photos for May, my 1st beach day, spring flowers, the graduation,...I can't wait to get started. When I got home from class just now, I flipped through them all again and sorted them into the page protectors in the albums they will go in. That is how I usually organize photos I know I want to scrap. I slip them into the protector for the page they will go on...

One photo I developed was of the Iris at the top of this post. I got one copy of it in 6x6 and I am so proud of it...I love it!

I am excited for Cary to come home. I miss him when he's gone but this absence has been easier than our previous separations because I know he's coming home and home is with me. I love that. It comforts me to know that wherever we end up in this world our home will be the same.

Driving home from school I was thinking about how I've been putting my creativity and my art more at the top of my list in my life. Keeping it a priority this year. I have been so stressed this year with school, two jobs (one being high stress-one being brand new), Cary moving here (a good stress-but an adjustment for both of us)...my art has saved me. I talk about Art Therapy every day and help others use it to better their lives but I didn't make my art a priority in my own life and that was a mistake. It is something for me to look forward to each day. Even if I don't make art that day...I'm planning, thinking about what I'll do next. Getting my thoughts out...which brings me to my last thought of the day...


Blogging. I have really enjoyed this outlet. I try to be positive in what I put out there in my blog and its something I struggle with at the end of the day in my life. Being positive. Sometimes I feel grouchy and tired and stressed. But blogging has helped me to reframe my day into a positive and it really helps change my perspective...a lot like a gratitude journal in a way. I have also enjoyed getting to know others through this outlet that share my same interests in scrapping, cardmaking, art and life in general. Feeling connected to old friendships. Making new connections.These have been difficult things for me lately. Finding people I can relate to in regards to these very important parts of my life. I truly appreciate each and every comment and I find such enjoyment in reading about others' lives and seeing what they create. Thank you!


That's enough for today now that I've put everyone who has read this far asleep! Including myself! Good night...

1 comment:

Sandra Collins said...

fantastic journaling - blogging for me is an outlet in itself - helps me to open up and show others what I am all about

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails