Tuesday, April 15, 2008

freezing. creatively.

I haven't been as good about blogging every day. And I haven't had time to do any scrapbooking. Tonight (after work) I'm going to my muscle conditioning class at the gym. That has been on the back burner for too long also. Maybe when I get home I will do a page. If I set that goal maybe I'll do it! I got some photos back from scrapbookpictures.com yesterday...maybe that will be the inspiration I need. I've been drawn more to my knitting as a creative outlet this past week. But I would like to try some new techniques and ideas I have for a mini book and scrapbook pages....we'll see. After the stress at my job so far this week (it's only Tuesday) it will be welcomed. Hmmm...I also haven't touched my Art Journal recently... See. This is what stops me from doing art sometimes. TOO MANY ideas. I freeze. I need to just set a small goal. One scrapbook page with one photo when I get home tonight. That I can do. and be ok with just that. And stop using "no time" as an excuse. There's always time for something here-and-there. I've been reading Julia Cameron's The Sound of Paper...creative blocks, carving out time, ...and yesterday I read a chapter that talked about preparing for creativity as a way to get past a block. Gathering, organizing, turning to other creative outlets. Sometimes I let my perfectionism get in the way and don't allow myself to do something small and quick or like I said I freeze with all the ideas I have floating around in my mind. So tonight...I'm going to carve out an hour. I will do one scrapbook page with a photo I love that I got yesterday. A challenge for myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails