Wednesday, March 12, 2008

wondrous opportunities?

"Be prepared to accept a wondrous opportunity in the days ahead." This was the fortune I got today in the fortune cookie my sister gave me. Very interesting given the conversations Cary and I have had the past few days about where we will be next. It's all unsettling and unpredictable and exciting. I'm a Virgo. I like order. I don't do well with the unknown. But this fortune is nice...it helps me to think of these unknown questions as an adventure-an opportunity instead of something scary. I'm a worrier by nature.

Today was a nice break. I have Spring Break from the college this week so I didn't have to work today and I also have Friday off too. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of vacation time from my other job to take off the rest of this week. But two days off is two days off! Last night I stopped by Cary's work (he's a security guard at an apartment complex). I was on my way home from errands. It was nice to see him for a minute. Otherwise we are like two ships passing and only see each other for an hour at most on the days I get home at 4:30 and for a few minutes at 2:00am when he gets home and I'm half asleep.

This morning I did a few layouts for a Disney album I started in 04 when we went as a family! At this point I just want to finish it. I hate having projects hanging over me unfinished! Today I also enjoyed the flowers I picked up at Trader Joe's last night. The daffodils in the picture above and some tulips. I'm loving having fresh flowers in the apartment. They remind me Spring is coming. Today's weather was so wacky and definately not springlike! It rained, it snowed, it sleeted, and then the sun came out a few times. Definately New England at its finest. Cary and I got to eat together...my broccoli -chicken alfredo...ymm...with some leftovers for work tomorrow. Around 6:00 it was brighter and after Cary left for work I got to take a quick walk. Cold but nice.

Tonight I made Cary's grandmother this card. I have never been able to meet her (she lives in N.Maine) but she recently broke her hip and is in the hospital. Cary asked if I would mind making her one. Until recently, I hadn't been making cards. I used to spend hours making piles of them. It's been fun returning to this hobby. I've been thinking about opening a "shop" on etsy but I want to get a little more info about it...and finish my grad classes...and the classes I'm teaching...and get settled into another apartment with Cary. So...not for awhile!

crooked scan of the card

closeup of the card


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That card is really nice. You did a great job.

Colleen said...

Love the card! Interesting fortune and sometimes being unsettled and open to new opportunities can bring wonderful things!

Heather said...

Cute card. I am not one for the unknown or for change. It seems inevitable thought and always better when looked at from the adventure perspective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails