Sunday, January 9, 2011

life

Life has been a roller coaster. That is why I haven't blogged since before the holidays. I had a peaceful Christmas with my family. However my parent's were waiting two days to tell my brother, sister and I some upsetting medical news about my dad. They told us the day after Christmas. By Tuesday he was having surgury. That was the day I was orignally scheduled to leave for Missouri to visit Cary. I delayed my trip until Wednesday. Fortunately the blizzard made it easier to do this. I couldn't not be with my family through this. My dad had setbacks over the week. Meanwhile I experienced my first tornado while on the base. Yikes.

Fast forward a week.

My dad is home. He is getting a little stronger each day. We have a few weeks before we find out what his next steps will be. I am spending my days off from the school with him. My family is pulling together. I so wish Cary were home.

Thinking positive. Hoping for all good things.

Yesterday I passed my state counseling licensure exam. That is a major milestone for me. I have been working for 10 years to jump through hoops to get in a position to take that test and apply for licensure. I should have the hours to apply by mid-February.

So there is good in the dark.

I hope to post some pictures of the holiday and my visit with Cary this week. He gave me a new camera for Christmas and I love it. So fun to practice.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Oh my goodness! My prayers to you & your family. I hope your dad continues to recover.

You must have been in the St Louis area around New Years? :) We were there that weekend and that was some WILD weather!

Congrats on passing your licensing test - that is wonderful news!

Take care and know that I am thinking of you. HUGS!

Sarah Coggins said...

Prayers for your dad as well as you & your family. Grateful to hear you were ok with the tornado and that you passed the exam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails