Sunday, August 22, 2010

vacation coming to an end

a picnic at a local New England farm
My last week off of the summer is winding down...and so is summer it seems. I always feel sad when that shift happens. I love fall and all that comes with it but I am sad to see summer go. Also this fall will be a challenge because my guy is going to a military school for four months. So I am having more trouble looking forward to it. But I will try!

Here's a few memories from this vacation:
  • A trip to the zoo...giraffes, gorrillas, bats, butterflies, and a dinner at Bugaboo Creek on the way home.
  • A reminder to say what is on your mind. People are not mind readers.
  • Baby calves at the farm peeking over an old stone wall.
  • Mornings at the beach.
  • Planting some new flowers in my balcony garden.
  • Refocusing on the positive.
  • taking lots of pictures but havent done any scrapbooking.
  • Finished my ATC's for the next Art Therapy Alliance swap. I'll post later!
  • Staying up late and sleeping in.
  • Warm sun.
  • A day of outlet shopping and L.L. Bean with my mom and sister.
  • Too much work organizing and a crummy cold at the beginning of this vacation.
  • Green Grass Yankee Candle.
  • Wine from Johnson Family Winery I got on my trip to NY.
  • Jello.
  • The movie "The Other Guys"...so funny.
  • Started seeming my "Hey Teach" Sweater.
Now today we are having a late summer/early fall kind of weather day. Makes me want to bake something. We'll see...
All-in-all it was a good week. Hoping today and tomorrow top of the week!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails