pies I made for my girls night - blueberry pie and chocolate chip pie
Today is sort of my last day of vacation for now. I say sort of because I usually have mondays off in the summer but I was off from both jobs last week. I don't want to go back tomorrow. I just don't. I'm not ready. I have fantasies of spending my days baking, cleaning my apartment, walking in the woods, making art, spending time with my guy and family, growing a garden, reading, working a part-time low stress (highlight on the low stress) job. I feel like I can't do that. I feel overwhelmed a lot. Bills, student loans, choices. Feel like I can't backtrack and do it differently particularly because of the student loan part. Acceptance is what I need to do today. Focus on the Serenity Prayer.
So today is a good day for a Gratitude List. I need it. I also need to see how I want to spend my day....Stewing over feeling stuck? or enjoying the freedom of the day?
Today I am grateful for:
- having time yesterday to make some ATC's for the art therapy swap (I'll post them soon)
- blueberry pie
- Paula Deen's recipes and humor and love for butter ;) I got the chocolate chip pie recipe from her. So good!
- my flowers and balcony outdoor space
- english muffins for breakfast
- lots of flowers in the apartment
- time apart and how it makes us appreciate the time together much more
- the smell of cut grass and coffee brewing early in the a.m.
- a good book to read with lots of pages left
- learning of an old friends pregnancy...can't wait to knit her something sweet!
Thanks for listening to my non-sensical babbling and complaining. It is just one of those mornings....why? I need to get over it! I have the day off and it's summer!!!