gargoyle at a castle estate
Today I am in kind of a funk. No particular reason. Feeling unsettled, quiet, tired. I'm feeling a little of the I-know-the-grass-isn't-always-greener-but-I-can't-help-it-itis. I'm really trying to do some inner centering and grounding and just be grateful for where I am right now. Also feeling a bit lacking in the self-esteem department. No particular reaons. Probably just because I'm in my head too much. Yesterday I read this on Delaney Gates blog and I needed to hear it. I need a vacation. Time to completely clear my mind and relax. Not worry about the to-do lists. Or the should-be-doing lists. Although teaching has wound down for the year I still have my other work which gets busier in the summer with vacation coverage. I can't complain. I work 3-day work weeks in the summer. Can't beat that. I have so many projects and things I want to do. That is part of my problem. I overwhelm myself with ideas and projects and feel this nagging feeling when I don't finish everything.
Can anyone relate?
So today it is in my best interests to stick with tradition and do my Monday Gratitudes...
Today I am grateful for:
- clean laundry done and in the drawers
- five minutes I took to sit in the sun on the balcony
- new Martha Stewart magazine and a summer recipe booklet to get inspiration
- cabinets and fridge are full of good things
- lemonade by Paul Newman
- burger dinner
- grades are done...now to take a deep breath and send them in
- reading others thoughts on blogs that could be my own
- my art
- new art journal
- watercolor crayons
- getting the mail...especially if there are fun catalogues or magainzes
- new magazines
- a book to read