Monday, May 3, 2010

monday gratitudes

gargoyle at a castle estate

Today I am in kind of a funk. No particular reason. Feeling unsettled, quiet, tired. I'm feeling a little of the I-know-the-grass-isn't-always-greener-but-I-can't-help-it-itis. I'm really trying to do some inner centering and grounding and just be grateful for where I am right now. Also feeling a bit lacking in the self-esteem department. No particular reaons. Probably just because I'm in my head too much. Yesterday I read this on Delaney Gates blog and I needed to hear it. I need a vacation. Time to completely clear my mind and relax. Not worry about the to-do lists. Or the should-be-doing lists. Although teaching has wound down for the year I still have my other work which gets busier in the summer with vacation coverage. I can't complain. I work 3-day work weeks in the summer. Can't beat that. I have so many projects and things I want to do. That is part of my problem. I overwhelm myself with ideas and projects and feel this nagging feeling when I don't finish everything.

Can anyone relate?
So today it is in my best interests to stick with tradition and do my Monday Gratitudes...

Today I am grateful for:
  • clean laundry done and in the drawers
  • five minutes I took to sit in the sun on the balcony
  • new Martha Stewart magazine and a summer recipe booklet to get inspiration
  • cabinets and fridge are full of good things
  • flip-flops
  • lemonade by Paul Newman
  • burger dinner
  • grades are done...now to take a deep breath and send them in
  • coffee
  • internet
  • reading others thoughts on blogs that could be my own
  • my art
  • new art journal
  • watercolor crayons
  • getting the mail...especially if there are fun catalogues or magainzes
  • new magazines
  • a book to read
That helped a bit...

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can completely relate Emily. Some days (many days) I wish I could just switch my head off. Hope you have a good week and start to come out of the funk.

knitseashore said...

I am very much there. The downside of having so many interests is that you want to do everything; you make progress in one area but don't enjoy it because there are all those other things you "should" do!

I'm reading a book called "Too Perfect" which deals with some of these issues, and it is helping a lot. I think the grateful lists you make are also helpful to change focus. I do a little of that in my journal.

Hope you feel better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails