Tuesday, March 16, 2010

baking & st. patrick's day

Irish Freckle Bread

The past two nights, after work I have been baking. I enjoy baking but I have been tired this week thanks to daylight savings time. But my guy really wanted me to make his family's recipe for Whoopie Pies and I had promised him I would this weekend and never got around to it. So...it was my own fault :) They are very rich and I really can only eat a little bit of one. They are huge...and full of all kinds of bad stuff.


Tonight I made my Irish Freckle Bread in honor of my holiday - St. Patrick's Day. I am always so proud to be Irish but especially on that day. About 4 years ago I found the recipe and decided it would become my own tradition each March 17th. It's a long story but my Nana once had a recipe for Irish Freckle Bread but it wasn't handed down to my mom so I decided we would start our own. It is so good. I use cranberries instead of currants or raisins since I like them much better. I just took it out of the oven and the apartment smells so good and I can't wait to have some with my coffee in the morning. I plan on taking half the loaf to my parent's tomorrow for them to enjoy.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails