Monday, February 15, 2010

valentine


Valentine's dinner at home
Today I am grateful for:
  • a beautiful homemade Valentine's Day candle lit dinner last night.
  • red roses
  • candles
  • Trader Joe's yogurt
  • chocolates
  • Better Homes & Garden magazine
  • the Olympics and remembering dreaming about being an Olympic Figure Skater as a little girl
  • time to scrap with my friend on saturday
  • heart shaped sugar cookies
  • the sun streaming in the window
  • long weekends
  • barn stars
  • faith
I am having a very nice weekend. Saturday went food shopping with my mother and sister and then finally had a friend over to scrap. I'll show some of the layouts later in this post. Then Sunday I prepared a Valentine's Dinner for Cary. He had to work until later in the evening so it was a late dinner. An appetizer of scallops and ceasar salad. Then steak tips with peppers, onions and mushrooms, scalloped potatos, green beans. And three beautiful desserts from a local specialty grocery store....


We ate by candlight which we never do and I loved it! I got the two candlesticks at Michael's for $5 each marked down from $12 each! What a deal. It really made a difference for our dinner. We sat and talked for awhile about all sorts of things. It was a really nice night. I am lucky.

Here's some recent layouts...some I did this weekend with my friend and others I recently finished. Most of the supplies came from Cocoa Daisy kits with a few other supplies I had on hand thrown in. I'm typically not good of keeping track when I'm scrapping so I'll just post them without supply lists this time!

"Christmas Nest" - a page documenting some of the directions around the apartment. The tree picture is mounted on an envelope that contains more images. There is something about this layout that bothers me. It took awhile to arrange the photos and never really felt like it came together. But I'm letting it go!

******
"A Night Out" - about an after Christmas get-together with old friends. Pretty simple layout using all elements from the January Cocoa Daisy kit.
*****

"Christmas Girl's Night" - 2 page spread of the festivities when I hosted Girl's Night just before Christmas. This layout was fun to do....


*****
"Christmas Eve Morning" - Played around with the scalloped paper and some non-straight lines. I feel like I get in a rut with my over-organized linear style. I wanted to try something different.
*****
"Christmas Eve" - need to still do the journaling on this page but I like how it turned out. Used a piece of paintable patterned paper I have been holding on to forever. Used some iridescent metallic watercolors to just highligt some of the scroll and leaf shapes. Little hard to see in this picture.


So now I just want to finish my Christams Day layout and add in the journaling and I can close the book on 2009....literally! I did start a smaller scrapbook with just some favorite photos over time. No particular order or year. Just a place to tell stories and scap photos  feel like scrapping. And this year so far I haven't been as good at taking photos and developing them so I want to get on that. But I've never really been one to worry about being "caught up." I used to be and I let that go...too much pressure.

Well....
Today having a lazy morning so far. We'll see what the day brings!

Happy monday!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Love your "Christmas Nest" layout, and the others are cute, as well. Your dinner sounds DELISH!!!!!! You made EVERYTHING I love. Yummy! Hubby must've been in heaven. :)

Tracy said...

Love your layouts.
Your dinner sounds delish. The desserts are making my mouth water. So Yumy

Jingle said...

It sounds like you had a great holiday! Your layouts are fantastic, too!

Emily said...

Just dropping by to say hello! Your valentine's day looked great!

I'm a fellow New Englander,but I live in Kentucky now. I was born and raised in Vermont!

:D
Have a lovely day!

Jen Mc said...

What a nice Valentine's.
I love the Olympics too! :)
Your layouts are fantastic - thanks for sharing them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails