Friday, February 26, 2010

calm after the storm

calm after the storm - waves at the Boulevard

So we rode out the wild storm that came through Eastern Massachusetts last night. Didn't see that coming quite so strong! We lost power last night at 10ish and didn't get it back until 4pm today. My parent's still don't have it...but they have a generator. Pictures I've been seeing of the ocean views here during the storm were crazy! I took one photo this morning of the harbor but it definately looked more like the calm-after-the-storm. One thing that struck me when I drove to work this morning was the amazing smell in the air. Fresh. Like wood and pine trees. There were so many trees and branches down. But we are safe and sound...as are family and friends. Just some cleanup.

I'm feeling grateful about that this week. On Monday we watched a big fire in another apartment building in our complex. Scary. Everyone is ok but two apartments are uninhabitable. I need to buy myself some renter's insurance asap.

I'm very much looking forward to a few days to relax. Cary is going to a gamer thing tomorrow so I signed up for a class at my LSS. It is using Tim Holt's new inks and some interesting techniques on cards. I'm excited. One of my New Year's Intentions was to take one art class a month to challenge myself, learn new things and take time out for myelf.

I hope to post some pictures tomorrow!

TGIF

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails