Sunday, January 24, 2010

happy sunday





Finished my sister's birthday present at the last minute! She asked me to make a pair of these after seeing mine. She never asks me for something specific so I was excited to make them. She'll be getting these today hot off the needles (well finished last night...with my over-organized personality... that is late!). This has been a busy week with the semester starting and all kinds of mixed up things. But they are finished and I can't wait to give them to her today.
Also posting a few cards I made earlier this week. Haven't had a chance to make more this weekend. These are more for the stash I'll set at the spring craft fair. Here they are....

******
Thinking of You: This was a fun card to make. Used two different Basic Grey papers and cut out some of the patterns to create strips. The Nook & Pantry line has a fun sheet of patterned paper "cookbook" and I used that a lot on this card.


Supplies: Patterned paper (Basic Grey: Nook & Pantry and Sugar Rush lines), Pearl brad (Making Memories), Paper flower (Making Memories), "Thinking of You" clear stamp (unknown), brown ink (Archiver's Ink), pink chalk ink (colorbox).

*****
(((Hug))): This next card came  together pretty quick. I have a set of rub-ons with text shorthand phrases that I hadn't figured out what I wanted to do with. Also used a variety of shape clear stamps I have in a set. Randomly stamped those in a line.


Supplies: (((hug))) rub-on (Imaginisce - Txt4U Rub-ons), assorted clear stamp shapes (unknown), brown and blue chalk ink (Colorbox), diamond glitter (Stickles).

*****
"Here Comes the Bride": This card is a little more ornate than I usually do. I started with the great Damask stamp I got a few weeks ago from Great Impressions. Added several paper flowers, rhinestones and a sentiment. I love the black and white Damask patterns I have seen on so many things lately, furniture, clothes, etc.

Supplies: Damask Stamp (Great Impressions), assorted paper flowers (Making Memories), rhinestones (unknown), "Here Comes the Bride" Sticker (K & Co.), black ink (Archivers).

*****
"Miss You": I cut a regular sized card down a little to make a smaller, square card. Used a new Hero Arts stamp and a misc sentiment stamp. Got my colored pencils out and some glitter. I like how this one came out!


Supplies: Flower stamp (Hero Arts), patterned paper (Basic Grey), "Miss You" clear stamp (unknown), scalloped square punch (EK Success), white gel pen (Ranger), Brown ink (Archivers), colored pencils (Prismacolor), glitter (misc.).

*****
I don't know how much time I'll have today for scrapping or cardmaking. We have to go pick up a coffee table some friends are giving us and then lunch for my sister's birthday. Maybe when I get home? We'll see. I have another busy week coming up and it's the first full work week in awhile so we'll see how it goes....one day at a time!

Happy Sunday!





1 comment:

Jen Mc said...

I love those mittens! Your sis is lucky.
Great cards - I really like the HUG card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails