Monday, December 14, 2009

another monday



Our {so far} undecorated Christmas tree! Cary and I have been like two-ships-passing-in-the-night this week and weekend. Hoping to decorate it tomorrow night after work. He started back working last week and the hours are terrible.

Today is my last day of school. Yes. The professors get excited for break too! It has been a good semester. Last week was so busy with grading and all. And this week I feel like I am overwhelming myself with projects. I have to slow down. Still need to make 20 more Christmas cards so I can try and mail them out by Friday. Also baking cookies for my co-workers and a batch to go in little takeout boxes for my girlfriends. I am hosting the monthly Girl's Night friday and I am making dinner. And this weekend I bought a few ceramic village peices to paint for my collection. Did one over the weekend. I find them so relaxing. Sunday I took a class at my LSS to learn how to knit a tiny snowflake ornament. 4 hours later I had one done! I think I have the hang of it now. My Nana used to knit them...almost like mini doilies. So pretty. I think I will give this one to my mom along with her gift. I paid for her and I to take an advanced knitting class to learn the Entrelac technique in January.

Finally finished Christmas shopping too. Just need to pick up on last thing for my Dad. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the $$ of things. Grocery shopping for Girl's Night made me anxious! But I try to be as frugal as possible.

As this week progreses I want to sloooowwww down and enjoy each thing I am doing. Because I really do enjoy doing each of these things. I just want to slow down an appreciate them instead of rushing to do the next thing! A bad habit of mine.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Jen Mc said...

I hope you're relaxing and enjoying the season.
Wishing you & Cary a joyous holiday season and a very happy 2010!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails