Monday, June 15, 2009

monday gratitudes


Today I am grateful for:
  1. a walk along the boulevard, seeing the ocean, flags waving in the wind, cool air, flowers, tourists appreciating my hometown.
  2. the fact that Cary is not in Iraq or overseas.
  3. the sun is out for a little bit.
  4. a day off from work today.
  5. friends who call or message and ask me how I am doing.
  6. my family.
  7. the ability to write Cary letters.
  8. instant bake Cranberry Oatmeal cookies from Trader Joes...mmm.
  9. washing machines and dryers.
  10. distractions....computer, games, knitting,...
  11. knitting group on Sundays.
  12. short work weeks in the summer.
  13. coffee.
  14. blueberries and strawberries.
  15. challenges.
  16. the saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." I think it is true.
  17. scent of petunias on my balcony, sight of the purple flowers, yellow and fuschia.
  18. the chance to watch the tomato and pepper plants Dad gave me grow.

2 comments:

toners said...

I really look forward to your Monday gratitudes - they are a great reminder for all of us! I hope you have a super week :) ((hugs))

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful list! I agree w/ Toni - I look forward to seeing your gratitude posts. A great reminder of all the good things that surround us. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails