Friday, December 26, 2008

day-after-Christmas

my parent's tree


Happy day-after-Christmas to you all! I hope everyone had a quiet, wonderful Christmas. I did. This marked a year of change for me. It was the first year I wasn't there with my parents and brother and sister to open gifts first thing. Cary and I had our Christmas here and then went to my parents. He had to work Christmas Eve and night but it worked out. I was spoiled with clothes by him. He got me all sorts of sweaters and shirts and pants for work. Beautiful things that I wouldn't have gotten for myself. And truthfully I love them all! I don't want to return anything except for one that doesn't quite fit. Not bad! Yesterday afternoon we opened more gifts at my parents. My mom was about getting useful gifts this year. I got a few new pans and lots of odds and ends from my family. Always very thoughtful gifts. I think Cary had a nice day too although he is a little homesick. Hopefully next year we can make it to Maine so he can be with his family.

Today we are off to make the one exchange, go see Marley & Me (which I cannot wait to see -it is one of my favorite books I swear was written about our old dog Maddy!), and a few other things.

Merry day-after-Christmas to you all!

3 comments:

toners said...

I hope you're having a great holiday - and thanks for letting me know about that book! I will check it out, for sure :)

Enjoy the movie!

Sarah Coggins said...

Sounds like you two had a great Christmas! :) Enjoy the movie. It's on my "want to see" list.

Benita said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I wanna see that movie, too, but may not be able to for a while yet. Hope you have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails