Tuesday, October 21, 2008

when it rains

Leaving Presque Isle, ME

When it rains it pours. Thanks to Deval Patrick's major state budget cuts I could be out of a job. I am trying to be positive. It might be the best thing for me. A change. We'll see. Just not liking the added stress level at an already high intensity place. I want to be back at the 300 acre apple orchard I saw in Canada this weekend. Still trying to keep things in perspective. Life is short. There is no point being miserable. I WILL BE POSITIVE.
  • Today my parent's celebrated 36 years of marriage. Ups and downs but they are a team.
  • My family is healthy.
  • I am loved.
  • Cary bought me a present today. A pumpkin head Pez dispenser. Made me laugh!
  • Cary is home and not in Iraq or Afghanistan or somewhere dangerous.
  • I need a change. It might be forced. But I need it badly.
  • I saw forgiveness and openness this weekend.
  • I am enjoying some Oreo cookies (double stuff) and "Tension Tamer" tea.
  • I'm taking a day/bus trip to NYC this Saturday with my mom and sister.
  • I am a beautiful apartment and food in the cabinets.
  • I have my health. Physical and mental. I will be ok.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully more upbeat posts to come with good news instead of sad :)

4 comments:

Benita said...

{{{hugs}}} to you. Hope everything works out for the best!

Bonita Rose said...

HUGS, YES stay positive... u never know what is around the corner, it cud all be a blessing in disguise! hugs.. i try to be positive every day myself..

Lee said...

Definitely keep positive! Think of it as a new adventure and hold on tight :) Who knows? It could be a very fun ride.

Enjoy your tension tamer tea.

toners said...

Great post, Emily! Hang in there, things will get better :) (((hugs)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails