After the trial of the flat tire...I have had a fantastic weekend! Cary was at guard so it is a little lonely without him but I had a chance to do lots of homey, relaxing stuff.
- Cooked stuffed peppers and rice last night for my parents. This was the 1st time they've been over since the move. It was so nice to be with them and show them my space (almost) fixed up.
- Grocery shopping. Oddly, a chore I enjoy. There is nothing better (I think) than having lots of good stuff in the cabinets.
- Did a layout this morning and some fall cards.
- Took a walk on the boulevard this afternoon. Nice breeze, lots of dogs playing in the water.
- Treated myself to a mocha chip ice cream after my walk!
- Read the newspaper out on the patio with the day being so beautiful. Unexpected given I was under the impression it was going to be rainy all day from the hurricane...but fortunately it passed through quickly (and relatively quietly) overnight.
- Smelling a delicious mexican-like chicken soup cooking in my crock-pot. Love the smell. It was called "Tequila Chicken Soup" but I omitted the Tequila since I don't really like it. Still smells good! We'll see how it tastes later.
- Watched/listened to episodes of my favorite show "The Gilmore Girls" while I worked on art stuff at my desk.
- Vacuumed and cleaned up a little. Makes me feel content to have a clean house.
Well...that's all for now. I'll leave you with a few pictures of my creations for the day!
Layout I scraplifted from someone named Ashley Calder in an old issue of Creating Keepsakes I clipped out awhile ago.
Detail of the page. I loved the original layout...lots of interested layers and details. She used a lot of fabrics in the original. I used lots of ribbon and paper scraps and various tags I've collected. On the little white brad holding the "beautiful" tag I used a sharpie marker to make the polka dots...a fun little detail.
One of the quick fall cards I made. The leaf was a leftover from the table centerpeice I posted about the other day...the sticker is an old Making Memories-Definitions...