Monday, September 22, 2008

first day of autumn

Hammond Castle - Gloucester, MA. Taken Columbus Day Weekend 2006


I love fall. Being that it's the first day of Autumn here's a little list about why it's my favorite...
  • The colors...reds, oranges, golds, browns.
  • Warm apple cider
  • Apple Cider donuts
  • Visits to the "apple store"/orchard for cortland apples, cider, and other goodies
  • The Topsfield Fair
  • Hot Coffee
  • Pumpkins
  • The Hammond Castle Haunted House..the absolute scariest thing I've ever been too!
  • The smell in the air that tells you it's fall
  • Being from New England this time of year I feel so lucky
  • The color of the marsh and the river turns from bright summer green to shades of gold
  • The color of the trees on my usual highway route makes the commute more interesting
  • Scary movies
  • Halloween candy
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Being inside, warm and cozy with a nice dinner on a cool, fall night.
  • Cooking comfort food like Corn Chowder, Beef Stew, Baked Chicken.
  • Making (and eating) Apple Pies
  • Eating at least one Cortland Apple a day from the orchard - my favorite...a little sour and tart
  • New Beginings. Some associate Spring or the New Year with fresh starts. For me it's fall.

Happy Fall everyone!

1 comment:

toners said...

What a great blog entry, Emily. We've been in CO for 2 years now and Fall is definitely my favorite season after years of no real seasons in southern CA :) I appreciate it so much more now! Enjoy this fall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails